Pet owners are passionate about their furry little friends and they spend over $50 billion annually to prove it. They pull out all the stops when it comes to pampering them and incorporating them into their family life.
Many brand owners and retailers are capitalizing on consumers’ deep love for their pets by offering their favorite “human” brands in pet products via licensing partnerships. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- For all those messes and stains, Fetch… for Cool Pets! offers Shout Pet Stain Carpet Shampoos and Spot/Stain Treatments and is available at PetSmart stores;
- For clean fangs and fresh dog breath too – Fetch offers Arm & Hammer Pet Oral Care and is available at PetSmart stores;
- For rockin’ fur, Pet Head Dog Grooming Shampoos are sold nationally through specialty and mass retailers;
- IRIS USA just introduced Remington Pet Food Storage this year’s Global Pet Expo to complement the existing line of leashes and collars in camouflage and hunter orange;
- Dress your pooch or kitty in DC Comics, Hello Kitty and Disney apparel licensed by Fetch;
- Yes, Martha Stewart is in this category too with a line of pet apparel, accessories and grooming products licensed directly to PetSmart; and
- Feed your pets’ gourmet taste buds (and stop feeding them from your plate) with Rachael Ray Natural Pet Food by Ainsworth Pet Nutrition. Gourmet selections such as Chicken Paw Pie and Chicken Muttballs can be found at major retailers and Ms. Ray donates her portion of the profits to animal welfare organizations with total estimated donations around $4 million in 2012.
PetSmart, as the largest pet specialty retailer, is leading this charge. Typically they require an exclusive for six months or longer at their stores and for many national brands, it’s worth it!
Go where the pets go—pet specialty retailers such as PetSmart or the next leading retailer—Petco—are a great place to start your branding efforts in this growing market.